Monday 26 July 2010

Can you help us to help?

We just had this email in from Sophie, we'll do our bit but maybe you can too, don't know about you but I don't think I'd be able to do what she's aiming to do! You can click on this link here to find out more about The British Hen Welfare trust

"Hi Penny and Neil,

Please forgive me for sending a bit of a cheeky email - I'm raising money for the British Hen Welfare Trust and since you understand the importance of hens being free-range, I thought I would just chance sending you this email in the hopes that you can help publicise the event or provide a small amount of sponsorship.

I have three gorgeous ex-battery hens who wouldn't be here today if not for the British Hen Welfare Trust. They rely on volunteers and donations to do their amazing work rescuing and rehoming ex-batts, advocating for British free-range eggs and farmers, and educating consumers about the reality of battery egg production. Since they are a charity, they need a lot of support to do all that so I have decided to help raise money for them by doing the Three Peaks Challenge on July 31st.

If you haven’t heard of it, it involves driving to and climbing the highest mountains in Scotland (Ben Nevis), England (Scafell Pike) and Wales (Snowdon) all in 24 hours. It’s a massive physical and mental challenge, obviously, as climbing Snowdon is hard at the best of times, not least after no sleep and two mountain climbs before it!

I’ve set up a JustGiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/sophie-3peaks and I would be incredibly grateful if The Handmade Scotch Egg Company could sponsor me a small amount or somehow publicise it in any way. Rest assured any sponsorship through Justgiving goes directly to the charity. I am aiming to raise at least £2000 for the charity, and would be grateful for any amount to really spur me on when it’s 4am and I’m only about to climb the second one of the day!

You very obviously care about ethics and ensuring you source your eggs from hens who are healthy and happy, and since I am equally passionate about meeting my fundraising target to help this fantastic charity promote free-range and end battery farming, absolutely anything you can do to help would be wonderful.

Apologies again for this out-of-the-blue email and thank you so much!

Sophie Mccoy"

No comments: